In this program, health care workers reflect on issues central to caring for people through monthly facilitated book discussions.
Literature and Medicine began at the Maine Humanities Council and Vermont Humanities brought the innovative program to Vermont in 2003.
- Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital (St. Johnsbury)
- Rutland Regional Medical Center
- White River Junction VA Medical Center
A Sampling of Literature and Medicine Books
- Locked In: The Will to Survive and the Resolve to Live by Victoria Arlen
- Can’t We Talk About Something More Pleasant by Roz Chast
- The Baker’s Secret by Stephen P. Keirnan
- The Hummingbird by Stephen P. Keirnan
- Fast Falls of the Night by Julia Keller
- Kill as Few Patients as Possible by Oscar London
- That’s What She Said by Joanne Lipman
Contact Richelle Franzoni at firstname.lastname@example.org.