Vermont Humanities values equity, curiosity, humility, and bravery. We seek to engage all Vermonters in the world of ideas, foster a culture of thoughtfulness, and inspire a lifelong love of reading and learning. We are currently hiring for a Director of Development and Communications.
Director of Development and Communications
The Director of Development and Communications builds support for Vermont Humanities, and the cultural organizations we fund, as the lead fundraising and communications strategist. The Director engages and grows Vermont Humanities fundraising and communications programs toward supporting a dynamic and diverse cultural sector in Vermont. They inspire and expand our community of supporters by building and strengthening these relationships through direct donor interactions, public events, strategic system thinking, and dynamic communications channels. As a partner with the Executive Director, the Director is one of two key leaders and external communicators for Vermont Humanities’ mission, vision, and programs.
The Director manages a team of three communications and development professionals, is a member of the senior leadership team, and reports to the Executive Director.
- Competitive Salary
- 403(b) retirement plan with 6% employer contribution
- 100% employer-paid healthcare insurance premium and deductible for the employee
- 100% employer-paid dental insurance premium for the employee
- Generous paid time off for vacation, holidays, personal and sick time
- Group life insurance at no cost to the employee
- Long-term disability insurance at no cost to the employee
- Flexible schedule including opportunities to work from home
- An open and supportive work environment with co-workers who are passionate about our mission
Vermont Humanities is located in Montpelier, but all staff work a hybrid schedule of in-office and remote hours. New staff will be provided with a computer and other necessary equipment to complete their work both remotely and in the office.
How to Apply
To apply for these positions please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vermont Humanities is an EOE/affirmative action employer. We provide reasonable accommodations in the recruitment and employment of persons with disabilities.